Monday, June 9, 2008

First Day!

Well I'm excited to finally be getting started with the Peace Corps things, but also a little nervous as we spent a lot of today with quotes like these:

Some people say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full. Peace Corps Tanzania volunteers look at the glass and say "Look, I can take a shower".

A lot of the stuff we are learning is really interesting, like safety and security tips, I've already made the decision to sleep with my camera. ;)

More to come after day two, but I should point out that I crossed over from being an official invitee of the PC to an official trainee...so Wahoo for me (they say to celebrate the small accomplishments, so please feel free to be ecstatic on each baby step I take) ;)

1 comment:

D Gormley said...

Mirinda:

I'll be watching for all those little acheivements every day. Have fun and don't put me to work when we arrive this Christmas.

Dad