Thursday, June 12, 2008

Arrived!

I have finally arrived in Tanzania and am now getting used to getting up early, using squat toilets, and getting vaccinations! Today we had to get our HUGE medical kit, which includes some in depth instructions for any medical malady that may hit (but with a special emphasis on diarrhea) and we also got internet access (though not much!) and picked up our passports. Its nice to have an easy day after all of the traveling...8 hours from DC to Frankfurt, then 50 minutes to Zurich, then 8 more hours to Naraobi and finally 1 hour to Dar es Salaam. Tomorrow is the day I am worried about, we have to get vaccinations for EVERYTHING, including rabies, Heps A and B, a new Flu shot, and many, many, more! More news to come soon, including pictures, once I get the feel for where I can use my camera! :)

2 comments:

Bruce Eichacker said...

Yikes....Shots...nobody likes to get shots. My friend Billy has had a lot of shots in his lifetime too. Glad you got the blog thing going....We will monitor it from time to time. Keep safe. Bruce, Audrey & Billy

Unknown said...

Jeez, I thought you would have recieved all your shots in the US. Can't wait to see lots of pictures!! Lilly