Friday, March 5, 2010

Technical, Practical, and Mechanical Difficulties March 2010




Writing this, I realize it has been a very long time since my last blogs, and you the viewer are naturally disappointed. I am very sorry to disappoint you, this has been a very busy and LONG rainy season.

This is just a very short blog that will chronicle what I will soon be posting, and the reasons that I will be posting them within the week (instead of right now)...

The Adventures...
- THE LIBRARY IS FINISHED! Students have started checking out books this week, teachers and students are delighted with the new system, I can't wait to put up pics!
- PEER EDUCATION CONTINUES! The kids have finished HIV training and moved on to assertiveness, their first performance in Friday the 12th of March
- THE MARATHON! This is something that you can do in America, but its more fun when you have a few Tanzanian difficulties there on the course, and everything is always more fun on TEAM DEEP SOUTH.
- WOMENS DAY! This is actually on the 8th of March, but I'm sure you'll hear all about it, all of my kids (close to 30) that I have worked with during my time here are making skits and getting excited to perform.

The Excuses...
- COMPUTER DIFFICULTIES. Directly after typing the titles, authors, and quantities of books in the library, my computer decided that it would die for 2 weeks. Coming back to life 2 weeks later only to mock my father (who JUST sent a new computer).
- RAIN DIFFICULTIES. It rains here. A LOT. Though Rainwater is extremely tasty and surprisingly worm free, we none the less have some problems keeping things in the house dry, and most importantly - getting places. We know its a problem when you can't get the 5 kilometers from my village to JBs village by car without fearing for your life.
- BUSY. I am in my final semester, and trying to cram as much of one years worth of learning into the last few months. It has been hectic correcting all of those tests (even with those new red pens courtesy of the L&W Feeders) and overseeing the student run supervision of the library, and running peer education, and trying to run up mountains after JB (who is really a robot programed never to tire no matter what the heat or humidity may be), and harvesting my pumpkins (SO TASTY).

Ok, that all I can squeak out now. Computer difficulties depending, if I am able to get together some time in the week you will soon have the extended version of my Makongonda Adventures, complete hopefully with pictures!

Love to all from Tanzania!

No comments: