Sunday, July 5, 2009

Back to Africa!




Well folks, I've been home for 3 wonderful weeks in the great US, and yet I haven't had time to update my blog with all of the fun that I have been having in June and July. Luckily, I have this great video that "I" created in the US (aka my brother made it with my minimal input, I did take some of the pictures though) about the work that my fellow Masasi district volunteers and I participate in. The video is funny, and it shows a lot about what we do, you can find the link here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6iKLpqRcXI&feature=channel_page

During my trip home I was amazed and truely touched by the amount of people who were willing to donate money to my soon to be awesome library in Africa (472 kids, 2 teachers, NO BOOKS -- we hope to change this by the 2010 school year!). I was also so thankful for all of you who sat and bought me dinner and listened to my (at times) gross stories. Seeing all of you and knowing that you support me means the world, THANK YOU!

For those of you who talked to me about participating with our library project, here is a recap of the information:




In Ames, I spoke with Pastor Barb about making a small envelope at the counter of the Collegiate Presbyterian Church to place donations. In Tiffin, a small envelope was placed with Pastor Bev at the Tiffin Methodist Church. If you are reading this blog and you are confused because you don't know what I'm talking about, but you would like more information about how to help with a library project, please contact my father Dennis at dgormley@netins.net, he will be handling any donations or giving out any information related to how you can help!

When I return to Tanzania I plan to get caught up on my blog (scouts honor), telling you about our Women's Empowerment conference, the tour day that my school participated in, and my small (but painful) run with Malaria at the end of May. I enjoyed seeing all of you while I was home, and I hope to see you or hear from you (remember, I can read your e-mails, its just hard for me to respond to them). For those of you who supported my library project, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, the library that we plan to fill with books will be invaluable to my village for years to come, and it will be instrumental in giving our kids a fair shot at getting the education their parents struggle to pay for them to have.

Lots of Love from TZ!

No comments: