Monday, December 29, 2008

The Tanzanian Blog Song (hum to the tune of "Camp Grenada")

Entry via Letter

Dearest Daddy, Mama Mia,
Here I am in Tanzania
Lots of rain here, we’ve been getting
And they say we’ll have some fun when I stop sweating.

You remember, my cat Pepsi
She’s developed narcolepsy.
To my house she should provide protection
But she snores at rat's who pass by her direction.

Chorus:
Come seeeeee me! Oh dear mom and dad
Come seeeeee me! I’d be so glad to see you
our cuisine, leaves, ants, rice and of course gallons of plain red beans.

Come seeeeee me! I promise I will not make noise,
And introduce you to the boys,
Who want to marry me
to get their green card-ee!

As I sit here, and it’s storming
I am thinking of our dear Gormie
The weather here would, confuse him greatly,
Rain, heat, and sun all work together simultaneous-ly

Writing now, its, getting hotter,
My students tell me to go fetch water,
From the pump that rarely has power,
Lucky if twice a week were all able to shower

Students now saying “Teacher end your letter”
“Your silly rhymes aren’t getting any better”
“To the soccer field we go to play and jog”,
Daddy kindly read and add this to my blog!

No comments: